Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A Desparate Plea for Help!

Dear Friends and Family,
Tonight I experienced a moment of triumph at the dinner table.  I sat in stunned silence as my son (formed from McNuggets and pizza) devoured a plateful of Roasted Cod and Mushroom Ragout and then asked for seconds.  (recipe found in your mom's Good Housekeeping, October issue)  Yes, I know  I reside in Mississippi, folks, but it is possible to get my family to consume non-fried fish.
But now the pressure is on.  Is it possible to serve other healthy dinners that are simple to prepare?  I fear I am in a rut and so now I cry out to you, (not you, Mom) is there anyone out there who would mind  sharing their family recipe that meets the criteria of relative health and simple prep?  Anyone?

P.S. The chicken ladies are fine; I mucked out the coop today so I don't want to talk about them right now. Not the best part of keeping chickens, but worth it.  So far.  The picture above is of my pretty mama, Betty, who is one of the finest grandmas around (though I have nightmares about a dish called "American Chopped Suey").

4 comments:

  1. WOO HOO!! What an accomplishment!! You know my crazy daughter, Meredith would have licked her place clean at your house last night. The healthier and mushroomier the better for her. (Nuts, I swear.) It seems I rarely make the same thing twice but I'll try to come up with a healthy, kid-friendly recipe (that even Rachel would eat) to share. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Austin saw the picture of your mom and pointed to it, excitedly calling "Uncle Johnny! Uncle Johnny!" I tried to tell him it's Aunt Betty, but he doesn't believe me...: )

    PS - I'm using Randy's google account

    -Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. ask your mom for her recipe for pressure cooker chicken pot pie...it is yummy and easy!!

    ReplyDelete